Ye Ruoshi became a full-time painter in the new year of 2004. Flowerism is her debut as a professional artist. This after spending a decade of her life as an illustrator and account executive for a graphic design firm which she founded together with her classmates (one eventually became her husband) upon graduating from the Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA) in 1993. Though she studied graphic design at NAFA, her passion has always been for painting. She was accepted as a member of Angkatan Pelukis Aneka Daya (APAD or Association of Artists of Various Resources) in the year 2000 and has since actively participated in their annual group shows.
She is a romantic in every sense of the word. Besides her passion for flowers and paintings, she is also a classical pianist and a trained Cantonese opera performer.
Exhibitions and performances
- International Women’s Art Exhibition 2004 (Singapore) “Burst of Artistic Blooms” - ARTrium@MITA
- CINTA: Apad’s first women art exhibition - ARTrium@MITA
- Different Races, United Passion. Racial Harmony Day 2003 Art Exhibition - Braddell Heights C.C.
- Cantonese Opera Performance (lead actress) - Bukit Batok C.C.
- APAD “Forty” Contemporary Art Exhibition - ARTrium@MITA
- Cantonese Opera Performance (lead actress) for Senior Citizen Nite - Clementi C.C.
- Cantonese Opera Performance (lead actress) for Chinese Cultural Festival - Bukit Timah C.C.
- APAD Contemporary 2001 Art Exhibition - Singapore Calligraphy Centre
- Cantonese Opera Performance (supporting actress) - Jubilee Hall, Raffles Hotel
Ye Ruoshi @ Ruoshidah Yip Abdullah
Born August 1973